How to Adopt a Sassy Koonz Kitten
STEP # 1 -Become a Pre-Approved Future Guardian
Complete the Maine Coon Kitten Adoption Application. If you’re approved, you’ll receive a username and password that will allow you to login to the Sassy Koonz website and sign up for text message notifications. Once logged in, there’s a video that will explain the entire adoption process for you.
STEP # 2: Reserve your Favorite Sassy Koonz Kitten
Kittens are released for reservations around 8 weeks of age. Once the kitten is open for reservation a text message will be sent to Approved Guardians notifying that the kitten is open for reservation. At that time, you’ll log in and reserve the kitten.
STEP # 3 – Arrange Delivery/Pickup of Your Kitten
Your Maine Coon Kitten can go home between the age of 11-12 weeks old.
Things to Note:
- Priority is given to repeat buyers and people who want siblings from the same litter.
- Sassy Koonz does not have a “waiting list”. Everyone has the same opportunity to reserve a kitten as long as you’re an Approved Guardian.
- New professional photos of the kittens are posted at Ages 5, 7, 9, and 11 Weeks Old.
How Much Are Sassy Koonz Kittens?
If you’re price shopping for the cheapest kitten, then a Sassy Koonz kitten probably isn’t your best option. There are certainly other breeders who sell their kittens for less. The price of a Maine Coon cat has risen significantly over the past five years and continues to rise.
If you’re looking for the highest quality, most beautiful, well socialized, happiest, classiest – and sassiest kitten around, then you’ll probably want to become an Approved Guardian and take the next steps!
Sassy Koonz Maine Coon Kittens Start at $4,900
Included in the price of your Kitten:
- A Luxurious Maine Coon Kitten that has been raised in my home
- Access to a Private Sassy Koonz Portal where all of your kitten’s records, Registration, Pedigree, notes, and history can be viewed. You’ll have access to the portal after the kitten comes home, and you can also use it for record-keeping, reminders, etc.
- Constant Communication While Your Kitten is here, making the “wait” seem shorter
- Private Photos and Videos Sent to you directly of your kitten, not posted on social media
- Five-Year Health Guarantee Replacement Policy that covers any health condition (not just genetic) resulting in the loss of your pet
- $500 Reimbursement Vet Bill Policy covering any health issue for the first two years of your kitten’s life
- Official Health Certificate Signed by Licensed USDA Certified Veterinarian
- Registration Papers for The International Cat Association (TICA)
- Health and Medical Records for Your Kitten
- DNA Records from Both Parents of Your Kitten
- Personality Assessment of Your Maine Coon Kitten
- Personalized Facetime Video Chat with your Kitten and Me [Sassy Koonz Exclusive]
- Microchipping and Free Lifetime Registration for Your Kitten
- Adorable Travel Carrier
- Two sets of FVRCP Vaccinations
- FIV/FELV Testing [Negative]
- Intestinal Parasite Testing [Negative]
- Heartworm Testing [Negative]
- Spay/Neuter Decided Case-By-Case
- 30 Days Free – Trupanion Pet Insurance
- Professional Quality Digital Photographs Posted on Weeks 5,7,9, and 11
- Shampoo, Fluff Blow-Dry, Ear Cleaning, and Nail Trim Prior to Going Home
- Grooming and Nail Clipping Training, so they’re used to it when they go home
- Lifetime Support for You and Your Kitten
- Delivery of the Kitten to Jacksonville International Airport for You to Pickup OR You can Pickup the Kitten at my House
*White Glove Delivery Service is Available Anywhere in the USA for a flat rate of $600 – $700.
The price of our Maine Coon cats is subject to change at any time.
Are you considering other breeders to get your Maine Coon Kitten from? Here’s a helpful checklist on How to Choose the Best Maine Coon Breeder.
Maine Coon Kittens for Sale
Sassy Koonz only has between 30-40 Maine Coon Kittens for sale each year. This is because we are a very small cattery and only own a few adults in our breeding program. You can view our Sires and our Queens at any time to see who we have.
The cattery isn’t a career choice but instead a passion and enthusiasm that runs strong throughout our family. My husband and I own our own real estate brokerage and have been in the real estate profession for over 24 years. I’m also active in the digital marketing space and own several websites and online businesses.
Maine Coon kittens are quite demanding of space and time, which is another reason why the number of kittens that we have available each year is very limited. As a Maine Coon cattery it’s my goal and priority to deliver your precious cargo in pristine condition.
Healthy and happy babies that mature into confident pets are what make me the happiest. If you’re in the decision-making process, be sure to read “Should I Get a Kitten?”.
NOTICE: If you’re interested in a Sassy Koonz Maine Coon Kitten, the best way to get notified about available kittens is to be on our Approved Guardians list. Our kittens are never made available to the public in a random fashion.
Sassy Koonz Health Guarantee
Producing a Health Certificate for your kitten is required for sale in the State of Florida. All of our Maine Coons for Adoption will have a health certificate attached to their records. With a clean bill of health, the doctor will produce a Certificate of Health for your kitten stating that the kitten is in good health and condition and there are no obvious signs of illness or parasites. You’ll be provided with a copy of the Health Certificate for your records.
At eight weeks of age, your kitten will visit our Board Certified Veterinarian. He/she will receive a thorough health examination, including Fecal Float Test, Intestinal Parasite Check, Heartworm Test, FIV/FELV test, and first set of FVRCP Vaccines.
We’ve taken extra steps to ensure that our breeding parents are 100% healthy before pairing them. This means each parent owned by Sassy Koonz, male and female, have had full genetic DNA profiles performed on them, checking for Blood Type and 33 Genetic Risks in this breed.
If we determine that one of our breeding adults has health issues that could be detrimental to that of their offspring, they will be spayed/neutered and rehomed. We strive to use only the highest quality cats in our Maine Coon Breeding program.
Tests and results for each parent of the kittens can be found on their individual web pages. All Sires and Dams in our breeding program are free from HCM, SMA, PK, FIV, and FELV.
Sassy Koonz Five Year Health Guarantee
Every kitten from Sassy Koonz will come with a Five Year Health Guarantee! Nearly every other breeder in the country only provides a one-year promise, so be sure to check this detail out before you make a decision on where to get your kitten from.
- Erythrocyte Pyruvate Kinase (PK) Deficiency
- Factor XII Deficiency
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy (HCM)
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
- Feline polycystic kidney disease
- Blood-brain Barrier Dysfunction
- Hemophilia B, mutation F9: c.1014C>T
- Hemophilia B, mutation F9: c.247G>A
- Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia
- Autoimmune Lymphoproliferative Syndrome
- Congenital Hypotrichosis with Short Life Expectancy
- Acute Intermittent Porphyria
- Chylomicronemia, Lipoprotein Lipase Deficiency
- Congenital Erythropoietic Porphyria
- Mucopolysaccharidosis type I , VI and VII
- Vitamin D Dependent Rickets
- Congenital Myasthenic Syndrome (CMS)
- Myotonia Congenita
- Periodic hypokalemic polymyopathy
- GM1 gangliosidosis
- GM2 gangliosidose
- Niemann–Pick C2 disease
- Niemann–Pick C1 disease
- Glycogen storage disease type IV
- Progressive retinal atrophies
- Retinal dystrophies
- Frontonasal dysplasia
Sassy Koonz also offers a two year health guarantee against FIP.
Your Kitten will be Microchipped
Before your kitten ever leaves our cattery he/she will be microchipped. This will be done You’ll be provided with his microchip number for identification purposes. You can register your kitten in a National Database and have peace of mind should your kitten or cat ever manage to get lost.
Health Insurance for your Kitten
Every Sassy Koonz Maine Coon Kitten will be sent home with a 30-day Complimentary health insurance coverage policy. You can decide after 30 days whether to continue the coverage or not. It is always recommended to maintain an insurance policy for your pet to cover any unexpected expenses.
Lifetime Support for Every Kitten /Cat Owner
Questions about your kitten and/or cat will certainly come up. You will have lifetime support from a professional, who is happy to offer support and advice about your new pet. Your Maine Coon Adoption process will be easy, and you can confidently adopt.