Our Maine Coon Adoption Process
How to Reserve One of Our Kittens
- Become a Pre-Approved Future Guardian
- First Baby Photos Are Sent to Approved Guardians When Kittens are 10-14 Days Old and again at 3 weeks old. The photos are sent via email only. You can reserve your kitten at any time once the photos have been sent. Remember, kittens are reserved on a first come, first serve basis and are only considered reserved once a deposit has been received and the kitten agreement has been signed. After 4 weeks, then kittens will be posted and made available to the public.
Reservations are subject to breeder final approval.
- Sassy Koonz will confirm your reservation of the kitten, send digital contract and then arrange delivery.
- Starting at 4 Weeks of age, photos of the Maine Coon kittens will be posted to the Facebook Page and website. Each week new photos are taken of the kittens and posted. I LOVE TAKING PHOTOS! One thing is for sure, you’ll never have to wonder where the “weekly” pictures are with me. I’m constantly posting pics because I know how thrilling that is for the new kitten Guardians to be able to see their babies grow up.
- Like the Sassy Koonz Facebook Page! This is where you’ll be able to keep up with all of the latest news, updates on kittens, pregnancies, deliveries, and photos!
If you are on our pre-approved Guardians list, you are eligible to adopt one of our Maine Coon kittens.
When the kittens are approximately 2 weeks old, photos will be taken of the kittens and an email will be sent to Approved Guardians. They will have the first opportunity to choose their favorite kitten before they’re posted anywhere else. At the age of 4 weeks, the kittens that were not reserved are available to the public. All kittens are reserved on a first come, first serve basis.
Public photos of the kitten will be posted to our website and to our Facebook Page at 4 weeks of age and then new photos will be posted weekly. If you see a kitten that you love, be sure to reserve him or her before someone else does. <3
How Much Are Sassy Koonz Kittens?
The fee to adopt one of Sassy Koonz Kittens varies by kitten. If you’re interested in a specific kitten, the send us a message with your inquiry to get more information.
There is $500 Non-Refundable Deposit required to reserve your kitten. The deposit can be paid by PayPal (via Friends and Family). The balance is due 10 Days prior to delivery of the kitten of being shipped, or on the delivery of meeting in person.
*Sassy Koonz reserves the right to hold any kitten for breeding programs before offering as pets.
Delivery of Your Maine Coon Kitten
Sassy Koonz Maine Coon Kittens are located in Jacksonville Beach, Florida. There are several options for pickup/delivery of your kitten.
Within the United States
- You Pick up In Jacksonville Beach, FL [No Charge] -Balance can be paid in cash at the time of pickup.
- You Pick Up At Jacksonville International Airport [No Charge] -If you decide to fly to Jacksonville to pick up your kitten then we’ll meet you at the airport with your kitten in a pet carrier. Just be sure to book the return flight home to include a pet. The carriers we use are approved for airlines.
- Delivery within 400 Miles of Jacksonville Beach, FL [$1 Per Mile] Our personal courier will personally care for and safely drive your kitten to your home or pre-determined destination (a meeting place) within 400 miles of Jacksonville Beach, FL. With this method, the balance for your kitten is due within 5 days of delivery.
- Delivery 400+ Miles of Jacksonville Beach, FL [Ask for Price] If you live outside of 400 Miles from Jacksonville Beach, Florida, then contact us to discuss delivery of your kitten. We’ll need to determine if this will be a driving trip, or if airline flight is required. If Airline is chosen we can ship the kitten via cargo, or via our personal courier. If personal courier is chosen, your kitten will be accompanied the kitten in the cabin until it reaches you safely. The fee for personal courier service is actual round trip airline fee, plus the cost of the pet traveling in the cabin in an TSA approved carrier ($125 on Delta), plus the cost of the carrier ($30) plus a $200 Courier Fee. We can check airline flights for you. If this option is chosen then payment is required within 10 days of delivery. Send us a message to discuss this prior to reserving your kitten.
We don’t ship outside of the United States.
Health Promise and Guarantee
We’ve taken extra steps to ensure that our breeding parents are 100% healthy before pairing them. This means each parent owned by Sassy Koonz, male and female, have had full genetic DNA profiles performed on them, checking for HCM, SMA, PK, PK Def, FIV, FELV and Blood Type. They’ve also had blood and urinalysis tests performed to check for anything abnormal.
Tests and results for each parent of the kittens can be found on their individual web pages. All Sires and Dams in our breeding program are free from HCM, SMA, PK, FIV, and FELV.
Maine Coon kittens will be current on vaccinations, dewormed, and come with a health certificate. They will come with a one-year health guarantee. All kittens sold as pets will need to be spayed or neutered by you before the age of 7 months old.
Interested in Adopting a Maine Coon Kitten?
Getting Pre-Approved for the Sassy Koonz Maine Coon Kittens Guardians Group means that you’ll have the first opportunity to see the kittens, and reserve your favorite baby before they’re offered to the public.
Here’s how it works:
- Fill out the Future Guardians application using the form below. Be sure to fill out all of the required fields. You’ll only have to do this once. 😉
- Once your application for a kitten is approved, you’ll receive an email notification. If you don’t hear from us within 3-4 days, then send us a message.
- Check your email and the Sassy Koonz Facebook Page for news on due dates, deliveries, and links to kitten photos. Kittens are reserved on first come, first serve basis.
- Kittens are offered to the Future Guardians FIRST. Kittens that aren’t reserved by the age of 5 weeks old will be offered to the public. I’ll send another email at that time if you’re on the Future Guardian list, and include photos of available kittens. They’ll also be posted on the website on the Maine Coon Kittens for Sale page.
You MUST be a Pre- Approved Sassy Koonz Guardians to get the notifications of new babies. At that time, you’ll have a chance to reserve your favorite. So be sure to get on the list so you get first peek!
Sassy Koonz Maine Coon Kittens become a part of our family. We want them to go to only the best homes possible and live the best kitty life imaginable, filled with toys, games, laughter and snuggles.
While the demand for a Maine Coon kitten is very high, the babies are very limited. Especially the ones like ours! It’s our job to make sure they’re warm safe and happy in their new environment.
If you’re interested in adopting a Sassy Koonz kitten, please complete the application to become Pre-Approved. You’ll only need to do this one, unless something changes in your application then it would need to be updated.
Once we verify your information and make a decision on approval, we’ll let you know by sending you an email. This process usually takes 2-3 business days.
Thank you for understanding how important it is to know that our kittens are going go good homes. <3
Breeding Rights for a Sassy Koonz Kitten
We’re one of the only catteries in the United States that offers breeding rights (to approved people/catteries) with our Maine Coon cats. If you’re interested in adding a Sassy Koonz kitten to your breeding program, please complete the Maine Coon Breeder Application. Then we’ll set up a time to discuss this further.
Please Contact Us in advance if you have questions about the adoption process. We’re excited to help you find the perfect Maine Coon Kitten to add to your family. Be sure read this article about Bringing a Kitten Home so you’re well prepared for your fuzzy friend to arrive. <3
Discover all of the beautiful color and pattern combinations of a Maine Coon Cat.
Have you seen the Sassy Koonz Sire?