|Total Number of Kittens Produced at Sassy Koonz||80 (as of July 28, 2021)|
|Total Cases of Feline Infectious Peritonitis (FIP)||0|
|Total Cases of Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy (HCM)||0|
|Total Cases of Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)||0|
|Total Cases of Hip Dysplasia||0|
|Total Cases of Polycystic Kidney Disease (PKD)||0|
Our Maine Coon Kittens for adoption are raised underfoot in our home. They’re well loved, played with and adored by my family, all of our friends and neighbors. They also hang out with our Shih Tzu, and several adult Coonies. You can expect a well socialized, magnificently loved kitten from Sassy Koonz.
If you are on our pre-approved Guardians list, you are eligible to adopt one of our Maine Coon kittens.
How Much Are Sassy Koonz Kittens?
The fee to adopt a Sassy Koonz kitten is currently $3,750 for Pets
No Breeding Rights Are Available For Any Kittens At This Time
[Delivery Service Available anywhere in the United States– Inquire about pricing if interested]
I take great pride in selecting the cats for breeding that are close to Breed Standard as I can possibly find. Maintaining the integrity and great beauty of this breed is very important to me. That’s what you, the pet owner tends to focus on the most. Behind the scenes, however, you’ll feel confident knowing that as your breeder, I’m researching the bloodlines [Pedigrees], the health history, and genetically testing every single cat that is used in my breeding program.
Are you considering other breeders to get your Maine Coon Kitten from? Here’s a helpful checklist on How to Choose the Best Maine Coon Breeder.
Maine Coon Kittens for Sale
Sassy Koonz only has between 20-30 Maine Coon Kittens for sale each year. This is because we are a very small cattery and only own a few adults in our breeding program. You can view our Sires and our Queens at any time to see who we have.
The cattery isn’t a career choice but instead a passion and enthusiasm that runs strong throughout our family. My husband and I own our own real estate brokerage and have been in the real estate profession for over 23 years. I’m also active in the digital marketing space and own several websites and online businesses.
Maine Coon kittens are quite demanding of space and time, which is another reason why the number of kittens that we have available each year is very limited. As a Maine Coon cattery it’s my goal and priority to deliver your precious cargo in pristine condition. Healthy and happy babies that mature into confident pets is what makes me the most happy.
Maine Coon Kittens Price
If you’re price shopping for the cheapest kitten, then a Sassy Koonz kitten probably isn’t your best option. There are certainly other breeders who sell their kittens for less. If you’re looking for the highest quality, most beautiful, well socialized, happiest, classiest – and sassiest kitten around, then you’ll probably want to become an Approved Guardian and take the next steps!
Our Kittens come with a Five Year Health Promise and Guarantee
NOTICE: If you’re interested in a Sassy Koonz Maine Coon Kitten, the best way to get notified about available kittens is to be on our Approved Guardians list. Our kittens are never made available to the public in a random fashion. Kittens are Reserved on a First Come, First Serve Basis
Maine Coon Adoption Process – 3 Easy Steps
Sassy Koonz does not have a “waiting list”. Everyone has the same opportunity to reserve a kitten as long as you’re an Approved Guardian. No deposits are taken in advance, only at the time of reservation.
Sassy Koonz reserves the right to reserve any kitten at any time to anyone without offering it to the public first. This means that you may see a kitten on the website, and it never becomes available. It goes directly from “Not Available Yet” to a “Reserved” status.
STEP # 1 -Become a Pre-Approved Future Guardian
Complete the Maine Coon Kitten Adoption Application. If you’re approved, you’ll receive a username and password that will allow you to login to the Sassy Koonz website. You’ll also receive instructions on how to sign up for text message notifications so that you’re notified as soon as a kitten is made available.
STEP # 2: Reserve your Favorite Sassy Koonz Kitten
Keep your eyes on the Maine Coon Kittens Page. Photos will be posted of the kittens once every 10-14 days. Once the kitten is ready to reserve (usually around 6 weeks old), a text message will be sent to Approved Guardians notifying that the kitten is open for reservation. At that time, you’ll login and reserve the kitten.
STEP # 3 – Arrange Delivery/Pickup of Your Kitten
Once the kitten has earned his/her health certificate from our veterinarian, we will arrange for delivery or pickup of your kitten to go home.
Facetime Chat with the Kitty Cat
This Exclusive Feature is Available ONLY from Sassy Koonz Maine Coon Cattery!
When you adopt your Maine Coon Kitten, you can schedule a private and personal Facetime VIDEO chat with me and your kitten. The one time video chat can be conducted through Facetime or Facebook Messenger.
Using our online booking service, you can schedule your private call with the breeder of your kitten. Your kitten will be present during the video call so you can talk to your kitten, and get to see them “live” and in real time. Ask any questions you have about your kitten, the going home process, or just chat with your new kitten. The choice is yours 🙂
Sassy Koonz Health Guarantee
At eight weeks of age, your kitten will visit our Board Certified Veterinarian. He/she will receive a thorough examination, Fecal Float Test, Parasite Check, FIV/FELV test, and first set of FVRCP Vaccines.
With a clean bill of health, the doctor will produce a Certificate of Health for your kitten stating that the kitten is in good health and condition and there are no obvious signs of illness or parasites. You’ll be provided with a copy of the Health Certificate for your records.
Producing a Health Certificate for your kitten is required for sale in the State of Florida.
We’ve taken extra steps to ensure that our breeding parents are 100% healthy before pairing them. This means each parent owned by Sassy Koonz, male and female, have had full genetic DNA profiles performed on them, checking for Blood Type and 33 Genetic Risks in this breed.
If we determine that one of our breeding adults has health issues that could be detrimental to that of their offspring, they will be spayed/neutered and rehomed. We strive to use only the highest quality cats in our Maine Coon Breeding program.
Tests and results for each parent of the kittens can be found on their individual web pages. All Sires and Dams in our breeding program are free from HCM, SMA, PK, FIV, and FELV.
[Effective for any kitten purchased after April 6, 2020] Every kitten from Sassy Koonz Maine Coon Cattery will come with a Five Year Health Guarantee!! Nearly every other breeder in the country only provides a One Year Guarantee, so be sure you check into this before you make a decision on where to adopt your Maine Coon Kitten from.
- Erythrocyte Pyruvate Kinase (PK) Deficiency
- Factor XII Deficiency
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy (HCM)
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
- Feline polycystic kidney disease
- Blood-brain Barrier Dysfunction
- Hemophilia B, mutation F9: c.1014C>T
- Hemophilia B, mutation F9: c.247G>A
- Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia
- Autoimmune Lymphoproliferative Syndrome
- Congenital Hypotrichosis with Short Life Expectancy
- Acute Intermittent Porphyria
- Chylomicronemia, Lipoprotein Lipase Deficiency
- Congenital Erythropoietic Porphyria
- Mucopolysaccharidosis type I , VI and VII
- Vitamin D Dependent Rickets
- Congenital Myasthenic Syndrome (CMS)
- Myotonia Congenita
- Periodic hypokalemic polymyopathy
- GM1 gangliosidosis
- GM2 gangliosidose
- Niemann–Pick C2 disease
- Niemann–Pick C1 disease
- Glycogen storage disease type IV
- Progressive retinal atrophies
- Retinal dystrophies
- Frontonasal dysplasia
Sassy Koonz also offers a two year health guarantee against FIP.
Delivery of Your Maine Coon Kitten
Sassy Koonz Maine Coon Kittens are located in Jacksonville Beach, Florida. There are several options for pickup/delivery of your kitten. See Where other Sassy Koonz Kittens live!
- You Pick up In Jacksonville Beach, FL [No Charge]
- You Pick Up At Jacksonville International Airport [No Charge] -If you decide to fly to Jacksonville to pick up your kitten then we’ll meet you at the airport with your kitten in a pet carrier. Just be sure to book the return flight home to include a pet. The carriers we use are approved for airlines.
- White-Glove Delivery Service to Your Front Door – [Additional Fee-Based on Location, Limited to 450 Miles from Jacksonville Beach, FL ] Your kitten will get the white glove delivery service provided by Sassy Koonz Maine Coon Cattery. Your kitten will travel by car, equipped with a full-length back seat travel tent with a litter pan, water and toys. This is great for the kitten because sometimes they get a nervous tummy while traveling in the car! Your Kitten gets Shampoo and Fluff Blow-Dry the day before traveling home, Breakaway collar with Bell, Goodie Bag Full of Toys, Framed High Gloss Color [Never Seen Before] Photo of your Kitten, travel carrier, and will be hand-delivered to you in person at your front door.
- [0 – 450 Miles] = $1.50 per Mile from our cattery in Jacksonville Beach, FL to your front door
- Kitten Nanny Accompanies in Cabin During Flight to Your Airport [$650 anywhere in the USA] – Your Kitten will ride in the cabin of an airplane, and be accompanied by a flight nanny until it safely reaches your arms at your airport.
- We don’t ship outside of the United States
Microchipping Provided for Your Kitten
Your Sassy Koonz Maine Coon kitten will be microchipped when he arrives in his new home. This will be done before your kitten ever leaves our cattery. You’ll be provided with his microchip number for identification purposes. You can register your kitten in a National Database and have peace of mind should your kitten or cat ever manage to get lost.
Health Insurance for your Kitten
Every Sassy Koonz Maine Coon Kitten will be sent home with a 30-day Complimentary health insurance coverage policy. You can decide after 30 days whether to continue the coverage or not. It is always recommended to maintain an insurance policy for your pet to cover any unexpected expenses.
Lifetime Support for Every Kitten /Cat Owner
Questions about your kitten and/or cat will certainly come up. You will have lifetime support from a professional, who is happy to offer support and advice about your new pet. Your Maine Coon Adoption process will be easy, and you can adopt with confidence.