How to Adopt a Sassy Koonz Kitten
STEP # 1 -Become a Pre-Approved Future Guardian
Complete the Maine Coon Kitten Adoption Application. If you’re approved, you’ll receive a username and password that will allow you to login to the Sassy Koonz website. You’ll also receive instructions on how to sign up for text message notifications so that you’re notified as soon as a kitten is made available.
STEP # 2: Reserve your Favorite Sassy Koonz Kitten
Kittens are released for reservation once they’ve received their health certificate from the vet (around 8 weeks old). Once the kitten is open for reservation a text message will be sent to Approved Guardians notifying that the kitten is open for reservation. At that time, you’ll log in and reserve the kitten.
STEP # 3 – Arrange Delivery/Pickup of Your Kitten
Your Maine Coon Kitten can go home between the age of 11-12 weeks old.
No Waiting Lists for a Kitten
Sassy Koonz does not have a “waiting list”. Everyone has the same opportunity to reserve a kitten as long as you’re an Approved Guardian.
Sassy Koonz reserves the right to reserve any kitten at any time to anyone without offering it to the public first. This means that you may see a kitten on the website, and it never becomes available. It goes directly from “Not Available Yet” to a “Reserved” status.
Priority picks are given to repeat buyers and anyone who is reserving 2 kittens from the same litter. These people do not have to wait for a text message to reserve a kitten. If you’re interested in reserving 2 from the same litter or already own a Sassy Koonz Kitten, please contact me and let me know of your intent. 🙂
* High-quality, professional-style photo updates are posted of the kittens on the website and Facebook every 7-10 days. There are also random candid shots posted on our Facebook Page and Instagram account. Video clips are posted to TikTok.
Our Maine Coon Kittens are raised underfoot in our home. They’re well-loved, played with and adored by my family, all of our friends and neighbors. They also hang out with our Shih Tzu, and several adult Coonies.
You can expect a well socialized, magnificently loved kitten from Sassy Koonz.
If you are on our pre-approved Guardians list, you are eligible to adopt one of our Maine Coon kittens.
How Much Are Sassy Koonz Kittens?
Sassy Koonz Kittens are $4300
Included in the Price of a Sassy Koonz Maine Coon Kitten:
- A Beautiful Maine Coon Kitten that has been raised in my home
- Constant Communication While Your Kitten is here, making the “wait” seem shorter 😉
- Private Photos and Videos Sent to you directly of your kitten, not posted on social media
- Five-Year Health Guarantee! Includes protection against HCM, SMA, PK Def, and PKD
- Official Health Certificate Signed by Veterinarian
- 4 Generation Pedigree For Your Kitten
- Registration Papers for The International Cat Association (TICA)
- Health and Medical Records for Your Kitten
- DNA Records from Both Parents of Your Kitten
- Personality Assessment of Your Kitten
- Personalized Facetime Video Chat with your Kitten and Me [EXCLUSIVE TO SASSY KOONZ]
- Microchipping and Registration for Your Kitten
- Adorable Travel Carrier
- Two sets of FVRCP Vaccinations
- FIV/FELV Testing [Negative]
- Intestinal Parasite Testing [Negative]
- Heartworm Testing [Negative]
- Spay/Neuter of Your Kitten
- 30 Days Free – Trupanion Pet Insurance
- Professional Quality Digital Photographs Delivered Every Week
- One [Very Special, Never Seen Before] Full Color 11 x 14 Canvas Print of your Kitten suitable for displaying in your living room
- Shampoo, Fluff Blow-Dry, Ear Cleaning, and Nail Trim Prior to Going Home
- Grooming and Nail Clipping Training, so they’re used to it when they go home
- Lifetime Support for You and Your Kitten
- Delivery of the Kitten to Jacksonville International Airport for You to Pickup OR You can Pickup the Kitten at my House
*White Glove Delivery Service Available Anywhere in the United States
- $1.50 per Mile up to 500 miles from Jacksonville Beach, Florida – Kitten Travels by Car and is equipped with a full-length back seat travel tent with a litter pan, water and toys. The kitten will be delivered to the front door of your home.
- $700 Delivered by Airplane (Over 500 Miles from Jax Beach) – Kitten Rides in-cabin accompanied by a Flight Nanny and hand-delivered to you at your closest airport.
Are you considering other breeders to get your Maine Coon Kitten from? Here’s a helpful checklist on How to Choose the Best Maine Coon Breeder.
Maine Coon Kittens for Sale
Sassy Koonz only has between 20-30 Maine Coon Kittens for sale each year. This is because we are a very small cattery and only own a few adults in our breeding program. You can view our Sires and our Queens at any time to see who we have.
The cattery isn’t a career choice but instead a passion and enthusiasm that runs strong throughout our family. My husband and I own our own real estate brokerage and have been in the real estate profession for over 23 years. I’m also active in the digital marketing space and own several websites and online businesses.
Maine Coon kittens are quite demanding of space and time, which is another reason why the number of kittens that we have available each year is very limited. As a Maine Coon cattery it’s my goal and priority to deliver your precious cargo in pristine condition.
Healthy and happy babies that mature into confident pets are what make me the happiest. If you’re in the decision-making process, be sure to read “Should I Get a Kitten?”.
Maine Coon Price
If you’re price shopping for the cheapest kitten, then a Sassy Koonz kitten probably isn’t your best option. There are certainly other breeders who sell their kittens for less. The price of a Maine Coon cat has risen significantly over the past five years and continues to rise.
If you’re looking for the highest quality, most beautiful, well socialized, happiest, classiest – and sassiest kitten around, then you’ll probably want to become an Approved Guardian and take the next steps!
NOTICE: If you’re interested in a Sassy Koonz Maine Coon Kitten, the best way to get notified about available kittens is to be on our Approved Guardians list. Our kittens are never made available to the public in a random fashion.
Sassy Koonz Health Guarantee
At eight weeks of age, your kitten will visit our Board Certified Veterinarian. He/she will receive a thorough health examination, including Fecal Float Test, Intestinal Parasite Check, Heartworm Test, FIV/FELV test, and first set of FVRCP Vaccines.
With a clean bill of health, the doctor will produce a Certificate of Health for your kitten stating that the kitten is in good health and condition and there are no obvious signs of illness or parasites. You’ll be provided with a copy of the Health Certificate for your records.
Producing a Health Certificate for your kitten is required for sale in the State of Florida. All of our Maine Coons for Adoption will have a health certificate attached to their records.
We’ve taken extra steps to ensure that our breeding parents are 100% healthy before pairing them. This means each parent owned by Sassy Koonz, male and female, have had full genetic DNA profiles performed on them, checking for Blood Type and 33 Genetic Risks in this breed.
If we determine that one of our breeding adults has health issues that could be detrimental to that of their offspring, they will be spayed/neutered and rehomed. We strive to use only the highest quality cats in our Maine Coon Breeding program.
Tests and results for each parent of the kittens can be found on their individual web pages. All Sires and Dams in our breeding program are free from HCM, SMA, PK, FIV, and FELV.
- Erythrocyte Pyruvate Kinase (PK) Deficiency
- Factor XII Deficiency
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy (HCM)
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
- Feline polycystic kidney disease
- Blood-brain Barrier Dysfunction
- Hemophilia B, mutation F9: c.1014C>T
- Hemophilia B, mutation F9: c.247G>A
- Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia
- Autoimmune Lymphoproliferative Syndrome
- Congenital Hypotrichosis with Short Life Expectancy
- Acute Intermittent Porphyria
- Chylomicronemia, Lipoprotein Lipase Deficiency
- Congenital Erythropoietic Porphyria
- Mucopolysaccharidosis type I , VI and VII
- Vitamin D Dependent Rickets
- Congenital Myasthenic Syndrome (CMS)
- Myotonia Congenita
- Periodic hypokalemic polymyopathy
- GM1 gangliosidosis
- GM2 gangliosidose
- Niemann–Pick C2 disease
- Niemann–Pick C1 disease
- Glycogen storage disease type IV
- Progressive retinal atrophies
- Retinal dystrophies
- Frontonasal dysplasia
Sassy Koonz also offers a two year health guarantee against FIP.
Microchipping Provided for Your Kitten
Before your kitten ever leaves our cattery he/she will be microchipped. This will be done You’ll be provided with his microchip number for identification purposes. You can register your kitten in a National Database and have peace of mind should your kitten or cat ever manage to get lost.
Health Insurance for your Kitten
Every Sassy Koonz Maine Coon Kitten will be sent home with a 30-day Complimentary health insurance coverage policy. You can decide after 30 days whether to continue the coverage or not. It is always recommended to maintain an insurance policy for your pet to cover any unexpected expenses.
Lifetime Support for Every Kitten /Cat Owner
Questions about your kitten and/or cat will certainly come up. You will have lifetime support from a professional, who is happy to offer support and advice about your new pet. Your Maine Coon Adoption process will be easy, and you can adopt with confidence.