- STATUS: IN HIS FOREVER HOME
- COLOR: Black Classic Tabby with White
- GENDER: Male
- BIRTHDATE: Oct 19,2022
- PARENTS: Monroe x Beastie
- NAME ORIGIN: Song from Melanie Martinez
Parents of Milk and cookies
- Date Assessment Taken: 12/14/2022
- Kitten Approaches Humans: Yes, but he takes a minute to come around
- Eyes are Wide with Curiosity: Yes
- Kitten Plays, and Bounces Alone or with Littermates: He’s fine with either as long as he gets to play!
- Kitten Hisses or Hides When Handled by Humans: No
- Confidence Level on a Scale of 1 to 10: 5
- Eager and Enthusiastic to Play and Interact with a Toy: He is usually the last one to come chase the feather
- Baby Hold Test: Does not like the baby hold, he prefers to be held where he can climb around at his will
- Dangle Test: Passes the dangle test
- Energy Level: Somewhere between high and low, he’s a medium 🙂
The dangle test might seem silly, but it’s a great factor to test the temperament of a kitten, especially if there will be small children handling the cat. The longer a kitten will dangle, the more tolerant he/she is.
High-Energy kittens tend to need a lot of interaction and mental stimulation, even into adulthood. They also bond well with people. They’re likely to break stuff. 🙂
Low-Energy kittens are calm and secure. They do play and interact, but they’re not instigators. They usually do well being left alone at home. They do well with other pets and kids especially well. This temperament is likely to be a lap cat.
Shy kittens might prefer to be the only cat. They bury their heads when you hold them and might shiver when you pick them up. Shy kittens build bonds with their humans once trust is built and become very loving adults.
Keep in mind kittens personalities change a lot as they grow, and will change even now from the time they go home. Use this assessment as a guideline for what the kitten will be growing from, not a set in stone personality type.
Watch Milk and Cookies Grow
Milk and Cookies is a unique and fascinating little Maine Coon kitten. He’s part of the favored tuxedo Maine Coon kitten club, sporting a very rich black classic tabby coat with those traditional tuxedo marketing.
The while blaze on his nose just finishes this masterpiece off by accentuating how big of a head he has. 😀
Big things come in small packages, and Milk and Cookies is definitely one of those.