By accessing or engaging in activity with Sassy Koonz LLC. Maine Coon Cattery you agree to be bound by these terms, which you acknowledge that you have read and understood.
Sassy Koonz Token Program
- Sassy Koonz LLC offers digital “tokens” as a method of interested parties to reserve a kitten from our cattery. The tokens are offered and sold on a first-come, first-serve basis to Approved Guardians only.
- Tokens are valid for the litter they’re being offered on ONLY.
- Token holders will have the opportunity to pick their favorite kitten in the order of token purchases. For example, Token Holder-01 will get the first pick, Token Holder-02 will get the second pick.
- If the token holder has been presented with a kitten(s) from the litter and does not chose one, then the token will expire and the token holder will forfeit 25% of their digital token fee. They will no longer be a participant in the Sassy Koonz Token Holder Program.
- Token holders will be presented with photos of available kittens when the kittens are between the age of 3 to 4 weeks old. All photos are posted in the Closed Facebook Group for Token Holders only.
- There is no guarantee of color or gender kitten to token holders. If a potential token holder is expecting a certain color/gender kitten and will not consider other color/gender, then the Token Program isn’t a good choice for them. The token holder agrees to consider all kittens that are presented.
- When it is the Token Holders turn to choose their kitten, they will have 24 hours from the time the photos are posted in the Facebook Group to choose their kitten or “pass”. The next token holder in line will then be eligible to choose their kitten. If no communication is heard from the token holder during the 24 hours period, then a “pass” will be assumed and we will move on to the next token holder.
- Sassy Koonz LLC reserves the right to hold back ANY kitten from the token program, either for breeder observation, health observation, or any other reason.
Purchase and Sale of a Kitten Agreement
Breeder and Purchaser Agree to the Following:
1.) Breeder guarantees that the cat being sold is a Pedigree Maine Coon cat.
2.) This cat or kitten is purchased for pet only [NO BREEDING RIGHTS] and agrees to spay or neuter the kitten before the age of 8 months. Proof of spay/neuter will be sent to breeder by the kitten’s 8 month birthday. Once evidence of spay/neuter has been provided to the breeder, then registration papers for the kitten will be delivered so that the Purchaser can register his/her kitten and receive the Pedigree. The Pedigree will indicate that the cat is NOT to be used for Breeding.
3.) Failure to spay/neuter the kitten by the age of 8 months old will result in a financial penalty of $1500.00 that will be due immediately after the kitten’s 8 month birthday from Purchaser to Breeder and the Purchaser will lose their right to register the kitten. In the event the cat is used for mating purposes without written consent from the breeder, then a fee of $3,000 will be due to the Breeder whether or not a litter is produced.
4.) The Deposit is non-refundable. Should purchaser decide not to buy the kitten listed in this contract, deposit is either forfeited or can be used toward a different kitten either in current litter (if available) or future litters (first come first serve).
5.) If Buyer transfers cat/kitten to another owner, the Buyer agrees to let Seller know and approve the transaction.
6.) The Breeder guarantees that the kitten/cat is healthy to the best of his/her knowledge at the time the Buyer takes ownership of the kitten. Buyer is advised to take this kitten/cat to a veterinarian for a complete health check within 72 hours. If the cat/kitten is found to have an untreatable or life threatening condition, Buyer has 72 hours after taking possession of the kitten to notify us and ask for a kitten replacement OR full refunds. This request must be in writing and accompanied by a licensed veterinarian’s letterhead which states why the kitten/cat’s health is in question. After 72 Hours, Breeder cannot be held accountable for FeLV, FIV, FIP, or any other bacterial and viral infections, infectious diseases, and parasites or fungus due to the fact that these can be contracted anywhere in the environment after leaving the cattery and are not a result of genetics or breeding.
7.) The cat has a one year warranty (from the date of birth) against genetic defects. If a genetic defect is found which ultimately results in the demise of the kitten, the Breeder will replace the kitten within the next three litters after the Breeder receives proof of genetic defect from a licensed veterinary. All cats will be replaced with another kitten of like kind and quality. There will be no cash refunds under any circumstances, except at the Breeder’s discretion if he/she opts to refund the purchase price rather than replace the cat.
8.) Buyer agrees to keep vaccinations and health checks up-to-date, to provide a clean environment for your kitten, to never allow this cat to roam freely outdoors, to never place this cat in a laboratory or pet shop, and to never declaw the cat.
9.) Seller agrees to provide Florida Certified Veterinarian Health certificate upon delivery of the kitten. The health certificate wil be certified within 30 days of delivery of the kitten.
10.) Purchaser will always provide a clean litter pan, fresh water, quality food and suitable scratching posts. If cat/kitten is found to be kept in an unsuitable environment, is poorly cared for the Seller will reserve the right to request that the cat/kitten be unconditionally returned at no cost to the Seller with NO REFUND of purchase price.
11.)If at any time the Buyer can no longer take care of the kitten/cat, the Breeder agrees to accept the kitten/cat back. There will be no refund of the purchase price.
12.)This contract is legally binding to all parties involved. This sales agreement is non-transferable to other parties. Any changes, additions, or omissions to this contract must be agreed upon in writing and dated and initialed by all parties.
Breach of this agreement will result in cancellation of any warranties, or guarantees, of this kitten.The Breeder’s maximum liability to the Buyer for any and all losses, claims, damages, or liability of any kind shall be limited to the amount paid by the Buyer to the Breeder under this agreement. Any law suits pertaining to this agreement will be handled in the state of Florida.
By continuing, the Purchaser agrees to the terms of the contract with the Breeder, and wants to finalize the reservation of the kitten.