The White Maine Coon Cat – Majestic and Gentle
Alot of people don’t realize that a white Maine Coon cat is a possibility when it comes to Maine Coon Colors. Seeing one in person helps you realize just how beautiful this breed is. The solid white color adds a level of majesty and purity.
In this article, I’ll introduce you to my solid white Maine Coon Cat. His name is Omega and at the time of this blog post, he just turned one year of age.
It all began with my daughter wanting a solid white, odd-eyed kitten. She looked for months before she finally found the perfect little guy! She fell in love with him as soon as she saw his photo. He was bred and raised by Rhonda Lund at HissyFit Cattery. She was so nervous that someone else was going to reserve him before she could get to him. But he ended up being hers! Here’s a photo of him today. He’s GORGEOUS!
The more I looked at his photos, the more I fell in love with all white! I decided that it would be cool to have a brother from the same litter, so I reserved a solid white guy myself. Here is his photo at the exact moment I decided to add him to the family. His name was “Liberty” when I discovered him, but I changed his name to “Omega” thinking that he would be my “last” cat for a while. That’s BEFORE I decided to raise these beauties.
Every week I looked forward to seeing his photos, and he just became more beautiful as time went on.
Omega Makes Himself Right At Home
Mallory, Dan (my husband) and I drove to North Carolina to meet the breeder Rhonda to pick up our new kittens. They were in the same carrier, and they rode home together as such. We stayed in a hotel that night, and the two solid white maine coon cats pounced around like they were right at home.
When Omega came home, after his isolation and introduction period, he made himself right at home and blended in with the other 2 guy cats, Finlay and Big Ben. He was hanging out just like one of the guys. Just as gentle as he can be – always very cam and mellow.
I love every one of my cats in a unique way. They all have their very own personalities, of which are just ridiculously cool. There’s something about my white Maine Coon Cat that’s different though.
Not only is he strikingly beautiful, he’s also the “coolest” cat on the block.
7 Reasons Why My White Maine Coon Cat is the Coolest
- He’s EXTREMELY talkative. He is always meowing, talking, chirping, trilling grunting, mumbling under his breath, etc. More than any cat I’ve ever met. Let’s put it this way. As long as Omega is around I’ll never need an alarm clock, or forget to feed the clan. He’s there EVERY DAY at 5:45 am to let me know the sun is rising and it’s time to hit the floor.
- He’s majestic but goofy at the same time. He walks around like a lion, just tall and confident. Subsequently, he don’t know what’s going on half the time and he’s usually late to the show. He’s always looking around like “what did I miss”?
- This big kitty will literally sit at the dinner table with us, waiting on some bite size yummies, without ever getting on the table. He knows that if he stays in his seat, that he gets a treat. And he is a FOODIE! He’ll eat anything from Macaroni and cheese, waffles, key lime pie, chicken..you name it.
- He’s friends with everyone! I’ve never seen him get ugly with any of the other Coonies, or our dog Branson. He’s just a big old loverboy.
- He’s the cat of mine that will hang out with me on the couch the longest. He’ll stick around long to enough to watch and entire half of a movie!! He also lets anyone that comes over to the house pick him up and hold him. He’s a cool dude.
- He likes to take a bath. I can take him in the bathtub with me and scrub a dub. He also digs the blow dryer.
- Omega is a gentle giant. He’s getting to the point where I have to grunt to pick him up, and he grunts too! But we can just chill out together and his loud purrs are calming and make all other noises just disappear.
It is for reasons like these that I decided to become a Maine Coon breeder.
White Maine Coons in Sassy Koonz Future!
I could go on all day about my white Maine Coon – Omega. He’s just incredible. Most people remark that they’ve never seen a solid white Maine Coon. Seeing him in person will make you want one! Being around him will force you to get one!!
The only way to breed a white Maine Coon is to have a solid white Maine Coon parent (Sire or Dam). I’m planning to add a solid white girl to my breeding program in the future so that I can offer this beautiful color of kittens to Guardians. She will look perfect in the Sassy Koonz cattery. You can check my kitten page to see what Maine Coon Kittens are available for sale.
What Does Omega look like now?
Here’s a few pictures of Omega now. He’s a whopping 19.5- pounds already at just 12 months old, so I think he may just be the biggest of my bunch by the time he’s done growing. He’s heavy and solid. Maybe he’ll compete for the World Record of the World’s Biggest Cat!!
Watching Omega grow up and mature in a young adult has been very rewarding. It’s cool to watch cats because they don’t realize you’re watching them, nor do they care! So they can’t hide their true colors. They’re genuine no matter what and I love that about them. My life and memories with Omega are sure to be exciting and filled with laughter. I’m thankful to Rhonda Lund at HissyFit Cattery for this stunning, sweet, and loveable boy.